We are looking for women to staff the helpline who are available for overnight shifts from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., seven days a week, or 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays. There are two helpline volunteers on each shift and a back-up RCC staff person on-call at all times.
TRAINING AND EVALUATION
- 6 training sessions
- 2 observation shifts
- 2 to 3 volunteer meetings per year
- check in with on-call advocate each shift, direct supervisor, as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- general understanding of, or interest in learning about, sexual assault issues
- ability to respond to callers in a supportive manner
- one year commitment
- staff 20 helpline shifts per year
- follow all RCC guidelines, policies and procedures for the helpline as well as those outlined in the volunteer handbook.
To apply, click here