Part-Time Outreach Specialist-Bilingual
Supervised by: Director of Client Programming
Full-time Equivalency: .25 FTE- .5 FTE (hourly position)
Salary Range: $15.00-18.00/hour. Not a benefits eligible position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
BILINGUAL AND BICULTURAL COMPETENCY
- Build and maintain agency reputation in the community and increase knowledge of services for Latin@ survivors.
- Provide support and information to survivors and the community in writing and through verbal communication in both English and Spanish.
- Assist in developing and implementing short and long range outreach program goals that further RCC's strategic plan, in conjunction with Director of Client Programming and Bilingual Counselor.
- Participate in community meetings and work groups as they pertain to meeting the crisis intervention/ counseling needs of Spanish-speaking victims of sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse.
- Provide outreach through RCC selected tabling events.
- Provide sexual assault support related training to professionals working with Spanish-speaking clients.
- Provide sexual assault related outreach to youth and various other community programs.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information and referrals information to community members.
- Must work collaboratively with community coalitions, organizations, and agencies.
- Must be a confident public speaker in both English and Spanish.
- Attend staff meetings as requested and in-services.
- Maintain regular contact with staff and supervisor, document services provided, and assist in office operations.
- Attend RCC trainings on services and outreach.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Commitment to supporting and serving survivors across the spectrum of sexual violence.
- Understanding of diversity and community issues (particularly in Dane County) and client-centered approach to client services.
- Access to private transportation.
- Must have a flexible schedule for evening and weekend hours.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jaime Sathasivam at email@example.com or mail to RCC, 2801 Coho St #301, Madison, WI 53713. Applications should be submitted by 3/6/2017 for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience and/or training in providing support to victims of sexual assault.
- Knowledge of Dane County community resources.
EEOC employer with Affirmative Action plan.