Marketing & Development Intern (Unpaid)
The Marketing & Development Office of the Rape Crisis Center initiates annual individual, foundation, and corporate fundraising campaigns and events to help fund our helpline, programming, and educational outreach. Internship duties will include, but are not limited to:
* database record management and clerical filing
* event planning and execution - including cold calls for donation requests
* helping devise and execute social media strategies to promote our work and fundraising effort
* planning/attending meetings with key staff and community volunteers
* tabling/representing the RCC at a booths for events in the area
* specific jobs decided upon by the Director of Marketing and Development
Rape Crisis Center (RCC) works within Dane County to promote hope, help and healing for those harmed by sexual violence and strives, through education and outreach, to create social change to end sexual violence.
Interns are asked to work at least 16-24 hours a week through the semester, and interns are unpaid (although free event tickets and opportunities to network and meet with community leaders abound). There is an interview and evaluation process if the student is using the internship for school credit. HOWEVER, you do not need to be a student to apply. Interns will be expected to demonstrate individual initiative and assume specialized duties, as the internship is planned out.
* must have data entry/database experience (at least 1 year)
* must have familiarity with MS Office
* Driver's license - you will be asked to drive for pickups/dropoffs/event issues. Mileage will be reimbursed in these situations.
To apply, please submit a resume and short cover letter to Beth Shippert-Myers, Director of Marketing and Development, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis, as long as internship remains open.
EEOC employer with Affirmative Action plan.